Objective of the Post
The position of Project Assistant (PA) is to complete a national-level reporting platform to support UNCCD reporting for a quality standard for UNCCD report.
The PA is required to update and improve tools for reporting, and participate in national capacity building supporting the planning and implementation of activities/processes, and ensuring quality and results by:
- Providing support to the UNCCD Focal Point in facilitating the capture, compilation and population of the Performance Review and Implementation System (PRAIS) portal of data and information for Guyana.
- Supporting the planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, under the supervision of the UNCCD Focal Point.
The Project Assistant (PA) will be contracted by the Partnership Initiative for Sustainable Land Management (PISLM). The PA is required to be based in Guyana and will be physically assigned to the Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission, the National UNCCD Focal Point.
Some of the key responsibilities of the PA include:-
- Collection of (i) biophysical and socio-economic baseline information on DLDD, (ii) state of land degradation, (iii) plans and programmes relating to land degradation, (iv) investments patterns, barriers and opportunities to increase financial investments for UNCCD implementation and other indicators for completion of PRAIS report
- Preparation of Reports (workshops and consultations);
- Participate in Training sessions on reporting process and events organized for awareness raising and advocacy
Assist in the collection of data and preparation of National reports for submission to the UNCCD Secretariat and other tasks contained in the Terms of Reference
PISLM Project Assistant
Project: Strengthening national-level institutional and professional capacities of country Parties towards enhanced UNCCD monitoring and reporting (Global Environment Facility 7 Enabling Activity Umbrella 1)
Post Title: Project Assistant
Duration: 10 Months
Duty station: Guyana
Deadline for Submission :
November 6, 2022
Interested applicants are kindly asked to send a cover letter along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org